When adding a creditor in Chapter 7, do I send them a copy of the B9A that the clerk sent or do I fill out a new B9A?

Asked over 1 year ago - Nashville, TN

If I'm required to complete a new B9A, I'm unsure if it is appropriate for me to complete the section marked "For the Court:" where the clerks name is listed?

1. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

3

1

Answered . I am not sure how you think you would fill out a B9A as it is a document prepared by the Clerk of the Court, not you. Send the original B9A and file a certificate of service which you must prepare. Hope this perspective helps!

2. Diane L Gruber

Pro

2

1

Answered . You must make copies of all pages of the B9A and mail it to each of the new creditors. You CAN'T draft a new one.

3. Alan D. Walton

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . You should have received an original B9A from the court after you filed. It will have your complete social security number on it (If you try to get a copy from the court, it will only have the last 4 digits). Copy the one you received, front and back and send it to the added creditor, or if you do get a copy from the court, provide the complete SS# when you send it out. In either case, you then file a certificate of service with the court indicating that the notice included the entire social security number.