When a US citizen marries a person from over seas and both live in the US together do my spouse gain permanent resident status

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

Resident status

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

1

Answered . Yes

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . I wish lode were that simple for everyone.. Yes!

3. C. C. Abbott

3

Answered . The spose can become a permanent resident if the I-130 and I-485 documents are filed. An immigrant visa is immediately available thuis enabling both the I130 and I485 being able to be filed togetehr. Good luck with the marriage.

4. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

1

Answered . Your spouse may gain permanent resident status if you file for her and she is granted resident status by CIS. There are many requirements to become a US permanent resident. One principal hurdle is she must demonstrate that she had a lawful admission to the US in a visa classification that permits adjustment to permanent resident status.

321.208.7324
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationFL.com

5. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

1

Answered . Your spouse would not become a permanent resident simply because you married him or her. In order for your spouse to get permanent resident status, you would need to file a series of forms with the USCIS, together with supporting evidence. There are various issues and complexities that could arise during the process, and you would be well-advised to hire an immigration attorney to represent you in this process.