Skip to main content

When a sibling passes away can his children sue the deceased's living siblings for part of the land that his name was never on?

Virgilina, VA |

The mother put the land in her children's name except for a son because he was going through a divorce and he agreed to it. He has recently passed away and his wife and children are suing for his part of the land.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I doubt they will have success. No matter the reason, he was excluded from the deed from his mother. Unless there was some side agreement of contract, I doubt they will be successful.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer