When a motion to substitute plaintiff is granted in Florida, does that reopen the Plaintiff's pleadings?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lake Worth, FL

In my foreclosure case the motion was granted. Plaintiff says case is at issue for ready for trial. Would the substitution mean the pleadings had been amended and therefore the case isn't at issue?

1. Abraham Ovadia

Answered . You can make the argument but it is not a winner. The case is at issue when the pleadings are closed. Many judges wont set a matter for trial until discovery is completed but that's bc they have so many cases and are back logged.

My suggestion is to hire a lawyer. They cost $400 a month for foreclosure defense and you can really hurt yourself if you dont file affirmative defenses.