When a car is purchased during the marriage, is it owned by both or name on title of car.

Asked about 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

we had 2 cars, trying to have my ex sign over the title of the car i drove my children and I during the marriage, he said he paid for it and he owns it...i all through the marriage, so i paid the utilities while he personally wrote personnel checks for the car...

meant to say i worked all through the marriage

1. Christopher Edward Ezold

Pro

Answered . I am an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the States of Delaware and New Jersey. My practice includes employment, business and health care law. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies.

That being said, the car is likely part of the marital estate and will be accounted for by the court in splitting up the marital estate. You should speak with a divorce attorney ASAP if you do not have one.

/Christopher E. Ezold/

The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
    Employment, Business and Health Law
    One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501
    Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
    (610) 660-5585
    Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com
    www.ezoldlaw.com