Skip to main content

When , or How , or Does the Plaintiff need to answer Defense quoting of Plaintiff's words and sentences in his Declaration

Los Angeles, CA |

Summary Judgment requested by the Defense ; Plaintiff filed objection on time . Defense reply to the objection , branded as " Hearsay , Lack of Grounds , " You are a liar , etc . , on many words and sentences in the Plaintiff's Declaration in sport of their objection to granting Summary Judgment to the Defense . This is an employment discrimination case , . where Plaintiff was paid callously thereby forced to spend his own money extensively . What are evidences and or supporting documents on this kind of damages ?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    If you have responded to defendant's motion for summary judgment there is nothing more for you to do except to attend the hearing. If the judge provides tentative rulings be certain you are familiar with CRC Rule 3.1308 and follow it as applicable.

    I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

  2. Motions for Summary Judgment can in fact result in termination of your law suit. Precision is required in the pleadings and the rules of the court in the jurisdiction in which this action is pending answer your question about supporting documents. An experienced civil litigator in your jurisdiction should be consulted. Meanwhile, here's an article on the subject: [Blue-Link-Below]

    Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

  3. When you say Plaintiff filed an objection on time, I hope you mean an "Opposition" filed at least 14 days before the hearing, and I hope your Opposition presented evidence in the form of declarations and/or deposition testimony which raises at least one triable issue of material fact.

    What the judge is looking for is evidence to show that there are material disputes of fact which entitles you the plaintiff to go to trial.

    Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.

  4. Your question is confused. First, you should have an atty representing you. MSJs are difficult and require a lot of work and detail. if the motion was filed and you have already filed your opposition, it is a bit late in the game to be asking about what evidence and supporting documents you need to establish your damages.
    You can file evidentiary objections to evidence cited in the other party's papers. Those objections must be legally proper. They can reply to your objections, attacking them as improper. Without seeing all the papers, it is difficult to comment on their reply. They could be right, or might not be.

    You should consult with an atty so you can possibly move to suppleemnt your papers if need be, or continue the hearing, or know the options you have if you lose the motion.