Whay will happen if you fail a drug test while on a SOR bond?

Toledo, OH |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I was charged with felony possesion of heroin. I am a addict i check into the pretrial presenstance department once a week and also do urinalysis once a week i was posditive for drugs for my first test but they expected that. And they just monitor my toxin levels. I have used heroin since then but i stop a few days before my test so i wont be dirty. But i am an addict so if i was to drop dirty what would happen. Im also in Toledo Ohio.

They would most likely revoke your OR bond and put you in jail. It could also eliminate any community control chances you have. House Bill 86 made a presumption for first time offenders and for people with no felonies in 5 years to receive community control/probation on certain offenses. If you screw up an OR bond that could trump the presumption and you could be sent to prison if convicted. Hire an attorney and get yourself into a rehab program now.

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

If you drop dirty, or your levels do not properly decrease the Judge could revoke your OR bond. If that happens the Judge will set a bond, and you can either make bond or go to jail. Generally, on a charge of heroin possession, you are looking at community control sanctions or Correctional Treatment, instead of prison. However, if the Judge revokes your OR bond that decreases the likelihood that you will get those community control sanctions. Depending on the facts and circumstances you may be eligible for certain programs and procedures. It is important to talk to an attorney as soon as possible.