Whats the statute of limitations for identity theft in PA?

Asked over 3 years ago - Latrobe, PA

I found out last month that my mother took out 4 credit cards in my name. They were from 10/07 to 06/08.

One has been paid for and closed, the other 3 have been charged off. She has admitted to doing it.

1. Amie Ann Thompson

Answered . Criminally, Pennsylvania has a two year statute of limitations for minor offenses and five year statute of limitations for major offenses. The period begins to run upon commission of the offense.

Civilly, an action relating to damages in actions for identity theft must be commenced within four years of the date of the offense or four years from the date of the discovery of the identity theft by the victim.

The following statutes relate to your claim: 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5525, 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 8315.

Furthermore, an admission, if property substantiated by evidence, can always be used against an opposing party to prove guilt or culpability.