Whats the process when you report someone w/ attempted burglary and vandalism

Asked over 1 year ago - Hendersonville, TN

what happens when someone tried to enter my house the person was identified by at least two ppl but then took off not before keying my car? i have two police reports but what happens now? Willl they arrest her or anything?

1. David Glenn Ridings

Pro

Answered . In Davidson County, the DA's Office has a "warrant screening" process, by which you may go down to the commissioner's office and seek a warrant against someone if the police have only made a report and not taken a warrant. If you are in a different county, you may simply need to go in front of a commissioner (night court, they call it in Nashville), and swear out a warrant personally against the suspects, and list your witnesses on the warrant. Alternatively, in a smaller county, simply call the DA's office yourself and ask them to prosecute, or help you through the process. You can also call the Detective division of the police department, and ask one of them to help you with taking out a warrant. Good luck.

2. Michael R Crosner

1

1

Answered . Keep checking with the police department on the progress of their investigation