Whats the maximum and minimum sentence for aiding and abetting.

Massillon, OH |

I was questioned about an armed robbery that i was a witness of. I was a passenger in the getaway car but did nothing to be an accessory. I told the story exactly how it happened. Also the person they were robbing was a drug dealer and they were trying to get his drugs. Is that robbery? They told me i was aiding the robbery even though the truth is i really wasnt. Will i get charged?

1. The penalty for aiding and abetting (Complicity) under Ohio law is the same as the penalty for the principal offense. Aggravated Robbery under Ohio law is a First Degree Felony carrying a prison sentence of 3 to 10 years and a fine of up to $20,000. If you're talking about a federal offense, the penalties are even more severe.

The fact that you made the mistake of talking to the police (especially without an attorney) dramatically increases the chances that you will be charged. You should never, and I mean NEVER speak to a law enforcement officer on such a serious matter without the advice of an attorney.

Dan J. Weisenburger
    Attorney at Law

www.OhioCrimeLawyer.com