Whats the maximum amount that can be collected for pain and suffering from a work place injury in mississippi?

Jackson, MS |

i was injured on the job by picking up alum. bars by hand and suffered a pinched nerve in my left and right elbow , i was told to pick the bars up by hand instead of using the crain by the floor supervisor. whats the maximum amount of workers compensation and pain and suffering i can collect?

I meant that as two seperate questions. Whats the maximum amount I can get for pain and suffering from my injury? And how much can I get for workers compensation for missed time at work?

1. There is no pain and suffering component in a workers' compensation award.

In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating, and carefully read the AVVO disclaimer regarding their rating system. There are certain factors that are given great weight which do not necessarily have any bearing on an attorney's experience, abilities, and results with certain types of cases. Accordingly, the rating numbers can be misleading. Also beware of basing your choice on the fee charged, as a low fee, depending on the skill, experience and determination of the specific attorney handling your case, could actually have an inverse relationship to the amount actually put in your pocket.

2. Zero would be both the maximum and the minimum, as no pain & suffering for a workers compensation claim, but you can retain a local wc lawyer to help you apply for wc benefits.

3. All the previous answers are correct. There is no pain and suffering allowed under the Mississippi Worker's Compensation statutes. There is monies for medical care, lost wages and loss of earning potential. Please seek counsel

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.

4. Workers compensation schemes under State laws do not contain the right to recover for pain and suffering. This was a compromise between labor and industry so that worker's would not have to prove negligence against an employer to recover medical and indemnity benefits, among other things.

5. Asking multiple times doesn't change the answer.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by providing feedback that the answer was either "helpful" or "best answer" as appropriate. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question.