Whats the average time USCIS takes to process a fee waiver?

Asked over 2 years ago - New York, NY

If I ask for a fee waiver, will it delay the processing of my application?

1. Neil Ian Fleischer

Pro

2

Answered . Yes it will delay the processing of your case a it can take a few weeks or more for the m to decide on the fee waiver.. if rejected, they will send case back to you and you must re file.. with fee

www.immigrate2usa.com

2. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Yes. Processing cannot begin until a decision has been made on the fee waiver.

3. Daniel E. Green

Answered . I have done a fee waiver; it took 6 days to process. However my client clearly met the guidelines with regard to income.

-Dan

4. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Answered . Yes - it takes some time to process the waiver, but it may be worth it if you cannot afford it. Lots of people try, and there are specific financial requirements you have to meet. If you do not meet those, you will be denied and delay your case.