Whats the average time USCIS takes to process a fee waiver?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Immigration

If I ask for a fee waiver, will it delay the processing of my application?

1. Yes it will delay the processing of your case a it can take a few weeks or more for the m to decide on the fee waiver.. if rejected, they will send case back to you and you must re file.. with fee

www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

2. Yes - it takes some time to process the waiver, but it may be worth it if you cannot afford it. Lots of people try, and there are specific financial requirements you have to meet. If you do not meet those, you will be denied and delay your case.

3. Yes. Processing cannot begin until a decision has been made on the fee waiver.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. I have done a fee waiver; it took 6 days to process. However my client clearly met the guidelines with regard to income.

-Dan