Whats The Age that a Teen could move out of a parents house with out any problems or gettin envolved in court or DCF (state:MA)

Asked about 2 years ago - Springfield, MA

I WAS WONDERING WHAT I HAVE TO DO OR CAN DO IM 17 YR OLD FEMALE VERY INDEPENDENT AND I WANT TO START LIVING ON MY OWN

1. Robert J McCarthy Jr

3

Answered . The age that a teen can move out of their home without any problems and with getting the Department of Children and Families involved is eighteen in Massachusetts. Most judges will not grant a minor (a person under eighteen) emancipated status.

2. E. Alexandra Golden

2

Answered . Sit tight for a few more months. Besides, if you want to move out, you need to save some money to cover first and last months' rent.

3. Todd Allen Davidson

Answered . My colleagues are correct. By the time you finish your emancipation action in court, you will probably already be 18 and be emancipated anyway.