Whats The Age that a Teen could move out of a parents house with out any problems or gettin envolved in court or DCF (state:MA)

Springfield, MA |
Filed under: Family law

I WAS WONDERING WHAT I HAVE TO DO OR CAN DO IM 17 YR OLD FEMALE VERY INDEPENDENT AND I WANT TO START LIVING ON MY OWN

The age that a teen can move out of their home without any problems and with getting the Department of Children and Families involved is eighteen in Massachusetts. Most judges will not grant a minor (a person under eighteen) emancipated status.

None of the information or materials posted above is intended to constitute legal advice. Viewing this and any response to a question does not constitute an attorney client relationship. Local counsel should always be consulted before contemplating or taking any legal action. Any reply given to any question is general in nature and should not be undertaken without the express advice of a retained attorney of your choosing. Attorney is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Most responses are based on Massachusetts law and or any other response is intended to be only an educated response, and not the legal opinion of the author. Any response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The person asking the question should independently verify the accuracy of any response.

Robert J McCarthy Jr

Robert J McCarthy Jr

(The above should say: "without getting the Department of Children and Families involved..." Not "with".

Sit tight for a few more months. Besides, if you want to move out, you need to save some money to cover first and last months' rent.

E. Alexandra "Sasha" Golden is a Massachusetts lawyer. All answers are based on Massachusetts law. All answers are for educational purposes and no attorney-client relationship is formed by providing an answer to a question.

i have everything ready and set to go i have money saved up for first month last month and security and i also have extra cash that i saved up all this year from my job for food and anything i may need in an emergency

My colleagues are correct. By the time you finish your emancipation action in court, you will probably already be 18 and be emancipated anyway.

The content of this answer should not be relied upon or used as a subsitute for consultation with professional advisors and it should be clearly understood that no attorney-client privilege has been created. A more complete answer and/or more accurate answer can only be provided in a more thorough examination of the facts in a consultation with my firm.

Recommended articles about Family law