Whats my rights to have my fainting goats in Platte Center nebraska

Platte Center, NE |

I wrote a letter to the mayor asking if I can bring my Fainting Goats to the propery in Platte Center Nebraska and they deny my requested,because it is unlawful to have animals within the village limits. Their decision is based on village ordiance.

What are my rights???

I would request a copy of the village ordinance to see if in fact they are barred. After reviewing the ordinance then you may want to take an appeal or just let the issue die. You would probable need an attorney for the appeal.

I dont think you can appeal if no legal action has occurred. You probably received an opinion letter from the city, which is just that, an opinion. you can kick it upstairs by requesting an opinion from the city attorney, assuming the letter did not arrive from them. If it did, and you have exhausted your city remedies, then your next step may be to file a declaratory action (or the NE equivalent) in the appropriate court asking whether the city is correct. I would follow advice to hire a lawyer if you want to do that. A lawyer could tell you if you have a chance.
Another option is to ask a city councilperson to introduce a change to the city ordinances that allows animals. Many municipalities are now reconsidering their prohibitions against chickens, swine, and milk goats because of hard times.

DISCLAIMER: The forgoing comment is for general educational purposes only, and is not legal advice upon which the reader may rely as the commenter has no actual knowledge of the facts of the case, has not interviewed persons or examined evidence, and has not researched the applicable law. The comment is based only on the facts provided, which are extremely limited, and may or may not be true. Complete defenses may prevent the success of any claim. Competent legal advice should always be obtained before taking any legal action or filing suit. Readers employ any information provided herein at their own risk.

Recommended articles about Real estate