Whats is the bond of petit theft?

Plant City, FL |

its my brothers 1st time getting charged and I want to know whats going to be his bond. I think its more then $100 and less then $300

If he has no history he will likely be released without a bond (unless the theft was particularly repugnant-like stealing from a children's lemonade stand). Make sure you hire a competent criminal defense attorney. Your brother doesn't want a crime of dishonesty on his record and it sounds like diversion might be a possibility. Good Luck!

Follow me: www.twitter.com/TrackMyLawyer. This answer does not create a legal relationship.

yes ima the one that asked what was my brothers bond was going to be of a petit theft. im going to be more reasonable he took 4 case of 24pk of bud light then a month later he took 4 cases of 12k of corona and im asking if he still going to be ROR or held without a bond or have a bond still and this happen in polk county is what I read on the crime stopper

Brian Robert Dettman

Brian Robert Dettman

They probably won't release him ROR if he was already released ROR and committed a similar offense. my guess is a bond somewhere between 250-500, no alcohol consumption, and no contact with any stores that sell alcohol. Hire an attorney to help you negotiate. Also, don't post facts about the alleged crimes online.

Florida has 20 different Judicial Circuits and each of them have their own rules in regard to bond. In addition, the facts and circumstances of each case are unique, as is each Defendant, State Attorney, Assistant State Attorney and individual Judge.

In some cases a Defendant will be granted a bond (again, it can vary from place to place - what may be a $1,000.00 bond in Miami-Dade could be a $100.00 or a $5,000.00 bond somewhere else) or in others, when a Defendant is brought before a Judge for her/his initial appearance (usually within 24 hours of booking), s/he will be ROR's (released on her/his own recognizance) or granted PTR (pre-trial release - release without monetary bond but with supervision requirements...kinda like a pre-probation probation).

You can call the Plant City Jail ( see the following website for information:

http://www.inmateaid.com/prison_directories/details/plant_city_jail/8598/FL/ )

and ask them what the standard bond will be.

No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A on Avvo. Anything that you post on Avvo (or similar sites) or on any social media is by its nature public. It is essentially an admission / confession and can be introduced into evidence as a statement against your interest in a subsequent legal proceeding. Once posted you lose any reasonable expectation of privacy, and as this is an open forum there is no attorney client privilege attached, so be careful (forewarned is forearmed.)

Hillsborough County has a uniform bond schedule. (see link below) If it is your brother's 1st offense, he will be given a bond of $250. If you need further information please feel free to contact me. I wish you and your brother the best of luck.

http://www.fljud13.org/Portals/0/AO/DOCS/2008-160.PDF

If you find my answer to be helpful or the best answer, please make sure to mark your choice. **COMMUNICATION ON THIS SITE DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY/CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.**

250, unless he's ROR'd

Michael Adam Haber

Michael Adam Haber

MV: I registered 4 BB&T-XX. C u in the 407 in 09/13.

Majid Vasigh

Majid Vasigh

right on, I'll touch base with you again before then I'm sure!

Michael Adam Haber

Michael Adam Haber

K.