What would the punishment be for forging an unofficial transcript for a job application?

Asked over 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

non official document forged.
given for a job application.

i do not have the job yet.

1. Matthew James Haiduk

1

Answered . Obviously, you could lose the job at a minimum. But, by forged, do you mean that you may have written something up and put somebody else's signature on it? That could be punishable as a felony with potential prison time. It's tough to tell.

I suppose that the most direct answer would be that the punishment could be anything from losing the job to going to prison.

2. Melissa I. Smejkal

Answered . What is the unofficial transcript?

3. Donald John Ramsell

Pro

Answered . Forgery is a class 2 felony. You can get probation or 3-7 years jail.

4. Daniel G. Galivan

Answered . Forgery is actually a Class 3 felony, punishable by 2 to 5 years imprisonment or probation. Forging and "academic degree" is a Class A misdemenaor punishable anywhere from court supervision to a year in jail. www.galivanlaw.net