What would the charge be for theft of $2000 cash (ballpark)?

Asked over 2 years ago - Concord, NH

a person is accused of stealing around $2000 from their previous employer over an extended amount of time. This is a rolling cash over type of situation. what would the charge for this be in the state of NH and would it be a felony or misdemeanor? what could the possible outcome be and would it be jail time if there was no previous charges?

1. Charles J Keefe

Pro

Answered . This charge would likely be a felony-level charge of Theft by Unauthorized Taking or Theft by Deception. A felony theft involves any amount greater than $500.00. This would be a class A felony as it is greater than $1,000.00. If the person has no prior criminal record, there is a strong chance that the result of the case would not end up in jail time. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further, keefe@wbdklaw.com

2. Herbert J Tan

1

Answered . I would suggest contacting a local criminal attorney in your area.

Herbert Tan, Esq.
    E-mail: Herbert@tanlaws.com
    Website: www.tanlaws.com

The National Newark Building
    744 Broad Street, 16th Fl.
    Newark, New Jersey 07102
    (973) 735-2681 (W)
    (973) 735-2682 (F)

Manhattan Office
    305 Broadway, 14th Floor
    New York, New York 10007
    (888) TAN-LAWS

Member of National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)