What would happen to a guy thats 26 years old and he gets a 14 year old pregnant but what if they both wanted that?

Asked over 1 year ago - Southampton, NY

How many years in prison or instead could he just take full responsibility of the baby?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . The girl cannot legally consent regardless of what she wanted so the man is facing statutory rape charged. As for taking responsibility the law will make sure that happens. .... its called child support. The man needs a really good criminal defense lawyer.

2. Marco Caviglia

1

Answered . The man would be liable for a prison sentence. He would also be liable for child support and birthing costs. He would be classified a sex-offender for life and report accordingly and have his location be public record and his activities limited and monitored. The child's consent is no defense as she is incapable of consent until 17 as a matter of law.

3. Malik W. Ahmad

1

Answered . Mutual consent does not mitigate the criminality of the offense. This is statutorily prohibited. A girl 14 years old is deemed not to have given a valid consent.