What would happen if u were involved in a hit & run involving a park vehicles & a police report was made with the people involve

Phoenix, AZ |

The police rpt have the description of the vehicles involved in it but the police have not contacted you but the insurance company have 6 months later regarding the incident my question is could you still be arrested

1. Yes. You may have a warrant out for your arrest already. You should contact a criminal defense attorney in your area to get to the bottom of this and to get the warrant recalled and the charges addressed.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

2. Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime. You should contact a criminal defense attorney for advice.

3. ARS 28-664, leaving the scene of accident with unattended vehicle is a class 3 misdemeanor. Not that serious of a charge. If injuries, it does get more serious though.

4. Yes, there is a 1 year statute of limitations for a misdemeanor leaving the scene of an accident (hit and run). You should contact an attorney to explore your options.

5. My colleague is correct, you may have a warrant. Additionally, for misdemeanor cases, the state can charge you for up to 1 year for a misdemeanor.