What would happen if a mother is wanted for

Asked 9 months ago - New York, NY

What would happen if a mother is wanted for parental abduction because she took her children to Europe in violation of a US child custody order? Her children are legally adults under US law, but law enforcement in Europe cannot locate his children. Law enforcement in Europe was able to locate the American mother. The mother will not reveal the location of her children know adults, unless she does not have to spend time in jail, but is willing to pay a fine and do community service. Because his children are legally adults, they can not be forced to return to the United States and see there American father. The American mother will be deported to the United States, because she was illegally living in Europe.

1. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

3

Answered . If the children are over 18, the Court cannot restore visitation rights. It is possible the court could impose a fine (i.e., sanctions), counsel fees and/or a term of incarceration upon the Father prevailing in a contempt hearing against the mother. Schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  2. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

2

Answered . This is a gobbledygook fact pattern. You're describing something parents do every day - remove their children to other countries. However, you suggest she was "wanted" which typically never happens. There are other procedures which you don't mention so it is difficult to comprehend what you are saying. See a lawyer.

3. Lee Alan Thompson

2

Answered . If I'm reading this right and the children are now adults, the court loses jurisdiction. Not sure I understand your question. See an attorney for clarify the question and get an answer.