What would happen after I get a misdemeanor probation and DUI ,then getting caught with a suspended license?

Asked over 1 year ago - Danielson, CT

If I have a probation for a misdemeanor for Breach Of Peace(6 Months Jail, Execution Suspended, Probation 18 Month), Failure To Appear (1yr Jail, Execution Suspended, Probation 18 months) and a DUI, what happens if I'm arrested for driving with a suspended license in the state of CT? Will I go to jail? If so when and how long?

I have a child.... What happens now?

1. Dennis Connelly Carroll

4

1

Answered . Aside from a potential violation of probation - driving with a suspended license from a DUI is a 30 day jail term.

2. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

3

Answered . Mandatory minimum 30 days in jail. Could be more, particularly if a violation of probation warrant is filed.

3. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Pro

2

1

Answered . It isn't good. If your probation is revoked, you could serve both of the suspended terms.

Probation means you have already been convicted of a crime. A judge decided that you did not need to be imprisoned to protect society, but you are subject to being searched or locked up at any time if someone thinks that decision might have been wrong. You have one foot in the jail cell already!

When talking to clients considering probation, I often compare it to being like moving back home with a step-parent who doesn’t like you. That step-parent gets to set your hours, tell you who your friends are, tell you where you can and cannot live, and talk to your boss at work. If he/she thinks you are breaking a rule, you can be put into jail until a decision is made. It is a significant change in your liberty.

That said, you may not be revoked. You should be talking to your own lawyer about this, now. You will be talking with your PO about it soon.