What would be the penalty for 6 marijuana plants?

Olympia, WA |

I have my medical card and would like to start growing 6 plants. I know I am within my rights in WA but not federally. I am worried if I start and for some reason authorities find out I would be facing the mandatory 5 years for Schedule I drugs. Is this possible for such a small amount?

Anything is possible, probable is another matter.

In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating, and carefully read the AVVO disclaimer regarding their rating system. There are certain factors that are given great weight which do not necessarily have any bearing on an attorney's experience, abilities, and results with certain types of cases. Accordingly, the rating numbers can be misleading. Also beware of basing your choice on the fee charged, as a low fee, depending on the skill, experience and determination of the specific attorney handling your case, could actually have an inverse relationship to the amount actually put in your pocket.

Obama has said that he won't impinge on the states marijuana regulations.

I changed your category from medical malpractice (about doctors making mistakes) to criminal defense. You are asking about the controlled substances act, a criminal statute, not medical malpractice. Good luck.