Skip to main content

What would be the fastest procedure to get my boyfriend from Morocco here to stay ?

Newburgh, IN |

he has never been here but we want to be together. or would it be easier for me to just go be there with him instead..

Attorney Answers 4


When you say, "here to stay," do you mean temporarily or permanently? It's the difference between a tourist visa and getting married. I'm sure my colleagues can point out employment options as well. You might want to find an immigration lawyer to explore this in more detail.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

1 comment



thank you a lot and i mean for good!!!


Yes, unfortunately, it will be easier for you to move to Morocco, get married, and stay with him there.

But, if you two want to live in the US ... talk to a lawyer ... this process can take 9-12 months ..... much more if there is an age difference and/or you two haven't met face-to-face within the past 2 years.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


If you get married, you can petition for his green card. He may also qualify for some other type of visa. You should talk with an attorney about your case.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

Mark as helpful


Marry him

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics