What would be the charges against a man that was domestically violent, kidnapped someone, beat them, and then attempted murder?

New York, NY |

I'm writing a book and really need to understand what would happen if this was the case.

1. Please volunteer to work in a women's battered shelter to learn about these things.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

2. In addition to the excellent suggestion of spending some time down at a battered woman's shelter, I recommend you go down to your local courthouse and sit in the domestic violence department for a few days. There you can witness some of the tragic results that happen as result of these types of cases.

http://lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com/san-diego-criminal-attorney/domestic-violence

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

3. The charges? It seems you outlined them in your question.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

4. Actually the suggestion to go to either a shelter or to the court and actually view these cases are both good ones. Doing actualy research is the best way to understand and to subsequently write about these situations.

If this answer was helpful please click that block. Answers in the forum are only general and it is always best to contact a criminal defense lawyer to discuss your case. We handle NY, NJ and all Federal Court cases. Bukh Law Firm P.C., 14 Wall Street, New York NY 10005, (212) 729-1632. www.nyccriminallawyer.com

5. You cannot write what you do not know. That is why these excellent lawyers have given you the key to your problem. First, read the Penal Law on these crimes. Second, sit in Manhattan Criminal Court, or your local court, and watch the victims try to "drop the charges." You cannot go to a woman's shelter, maybe you could work there, and you will see poor, uneducated, low self-esteem women who are very bad decision makers and who have no where else to go. You will see the price people pay for not being educated, sophisticated, employed, skilled and most of all, poor communicators and bad decision makers. The use poor grammar, swear a lot, and get very upset when they do not get their way. They are selfish people who never grew up and they use and abuse others. That is what wife beaters are and their victims are usually enablers. Add in alcohol and drug abuse and you will begin to understand the dynamics of violent men who beat women and the women who put up with it.

Violent crime topics