What would be the best way to write a letter to the judge asking to get a restraining order dropped??

Asked over 2 years ago - Denver, CO

I need help on writing a letter to the judge asking to either drop or modifty the restraining order but my only problem is how to word it the write way..

1. Carrie Elizabeth Kelly

Pro

1

Answered . In order to set aside a restraining order, the court has to make findings that the restraining order is no longer necessary. Generally, what a judge is looking for is some sort of affirmative effort on your part to address whatever the issue was at the time of the restraining order. Anger management counseling, domestic violence classes, substance abuse treatment and couple's therapy are all good indicators that the restraining order is no longer necessary.

2. Anne Whalen Gill

1

Answered . It depends whether you are the restrained person or the protected person. Don't write the letter if you are the restrained person.

If you are the protected person, tell the court why you no longer need to be protected, what steps you have taken to ensure that you don't need to be protected.

3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Answered . You asked this question in another forum on this site and I provided a very detailed and thorough response.