What would be the basis to argue motion to quash subpoena for production of documents when wrong party is named?

Subpoena to produce documents filed with the court and served to party (my boss), but in reviewing the documents the court form for the subpoena (CA), AO88B lists the appropriate party, but the attachment stating what information they are requesting be produced lists another, incorrect company not named a party in the action. What would be his arguments in his motion to quash subpoena?

While you can probably argue the technical error it is only delaying the inevitable. The subpoena will simply be re-issued and served. It is also possible also, that the court will find that since the papers do have the bosses name on them and it is incorrect in the attachment, it is still proper and sanctions could be awarded against your boss for making the motion. I just don't know that it's worth the time, effort and risk of all of the motion paperwork and possible court appearance that will be necessary. Good luck.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

2. I agree with my colleague . If your boss wants that root that's fine but will delay the process nothing else

Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as a legal advice on any subject. No recipients of content from this site,clients or otherwise,should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Karamanlis Powers Law Offices expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this website, weblogs, twitter, facebook, google+.