What would be the "Current Nonimmigrant Status" for F1- reinstatement student while filling up I-539 form?

Asked over 1 year ago - Richmond, CA

I am about to fill up the I-539 form to reinstate my F1-Status. In that form there is a section "Current Nonimmigrant Status", what value would I provide as I am already out of status on my F1 visa for 3 months.
Please guide me on that.
Thanks!

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

Answered . duration of status or D/S. However, if you file for reinstatement and are denied, then you will be deemed an overstay, which is worse than other strategies that may be available to you at this time.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration and visa attorney 'before' you file the I-539, since filing this form may complicate matters.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  3. Christian Schmidt

Answered . You currently do not have status. Leave section blank and check "reinstatement" in Part 2 of Form I-539.