What would be the "Current Nonimmigrant Status" for F1- reinstatement student while filling up I-539 form?

Richmond, CA |

I am about to fill up the I-539 form to reinstate my F1-Status. In that form there is a section "Current Nonimmigrant Status", what value would I provide as I am already out of status on my F1 visa for 3 months.
Please guide me on that.
Thanks!

1. duration of status or D/S. However, if you file for reinstatement and are denied, then you will be deemed an overstay, which is worse than other strategies that may be available to you at this time.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration and visa attorney 'before' you file the I-539, since filing this form may complicate matters.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

2. You currently do not have status. Leave section blank and check "reinstatement" in Part 2 of Form I-539.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.