Skip to main content

What would be needed to take over on divorce proceedings?

Carlisle, PA |

I am involved in a divorce through Perry County, PA. My wife started the divorce, but can no longer continue on with it for several reasons including relocation and money. Is there a way that I can take over from where it was left off?

Attorney Answers 1


Yes. If the case is even still active (sometimes they are dismissed for inactivity), you can pursue an end to the divorce so long as you are a named party to the case. It will be helpful when you file new pleadings in the case to know your wife's current address so you can show that she gets notice of what you file.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics