What would be my total punishment for shoplifting with a misdemeanor 1?

Asked about 1 year ago - Austell, GA

Two days ago, I was caught shoplifting at a Walmart in Austell, Georgia. The total cost of items was $44. This is my first ever. It is a misdemeanor 1. I am only 18 and would like to know my consequences of this action.

1. Charles Christopher Flinn

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you get an attorney there is a good chance the case could ultimately be dismissed and removed from your record. Don't go into court alone. Hire an attorney.

2. Noah Howard Pines

Pro

2

Answered . Hiring an experienced lawyer is your best chance to get the case dismissed.

3. Michael David Barber Jr.

2

Answered . There are several options for your charge. Your fine would depend on where you were arrested (as in what court you will be going to). The best option would be either diversion, or working out a lesser charge with the solicitor/prosecutor to keep it from damaging your future.

4. Dean George Tsourakis

Pro

2

Answered . You may qualify for a diversionary program which could get your charge dismissed. Hire good local counsel.

5. Allen Rust Knox

Answered . In Cobb County State court, there is a program that will allow you to resolve these charges without a conviction. If this is in city court, there may also be a similar program there. However, you need an attorney to get you enrolled in the program. Therefore, you need to hire an attorney to resolve these charges for you.

Allen R. Knox
    125 TownPark Drive, Suite 300
    Kennesaw, GA 30144
    (678) 334-1399