I have an i130 petition (since 2010, status-initial review), Us citizen filing for an unmarried daughter over21. I was in the Us earlier this year for a period of 6mths with the intention of adjusting my status. We were told I wasn't eligible to do so each time we called USCIS, but later learned we could have. My dad didn't have a lawyer on the case. USCIS advised me to go out of the country and return again to apply for another 6 mths. Did so for a few days but upon arrival at the airport I was refused entry mainly because I was forced to tell an officer i babysat for my godmother for the period, needless to say I was psychologically deceived. I was simply trying to stay in status while I wait to adjust my status. Given my pending i130, I was given d option to withdraw my visa. Pls help.
Given the previous refusal of entry and the pending I-130 on your behalf, the likelihood of you getting an F-1 visa is very close to 0. That being said, even if you get married, you may still encounter problems coming back in (I would need to get all the details of your case to advise you).
This is definitely not something you should be doing without an attorney.
Get free answers from experienced attorneys.
28,268 answers this week
3,067 attorneys answering
Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.Browse our legal dictionary