What would be a plea option?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Columbus, OH

Charged with Depception to obtain dangerous drug & illegal processing drug document. Do not have a lawyer and most likely will take plea. What are the optaions?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Kyle J Bristow

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You should consult with a criminal defense lawyer. They have the knowledge and training to see if your rights were violated and whether you would be able to get evidence excluded. A prosecutor is much more likely to give a lawyer a better plea offer than they would to a pro se litigant.

    Good luck!

    No attorney-client relationship is established via AVVO.com. The material posted by Kyle J. Bristow, Esq., is for... more
  2. Christopher Lee Beck


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your best option is to not do anything without talking to a lawyer first. If you can not afford an attorney contact your local public defender's office. There are some options available to you depending on your criminal record if you have a drug issue. You may be able to avoid a conviction all together. Why would you want to plead without an attorney?

    Ohio Criminal Defense Attorney

    The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client... more
  3. Andrew M. Leone

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . At the very least, you should meet with an attorney for a consultation prior to taking a plea. Many attorneys offer free consultations, in case money is an issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,882 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,882 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering