WHAT WOULD A PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM BASED ON THE LANDLORD AND A GOVERNMENT ENTITY'S NEGLIGENCE/PREMISE LIABILITY BE WORTH?

Seattle, WA |

I was a tenant who leased an apartment for over eight (8) consecutive years and exposed to breathing fumes from toxic chemicals, which entered into my apartment through tenants who operated an illegal methamphetamine manufacturing laboratory directly near my unit. These toxic chemicals caused me to experience severe headaches, diarrhea, nausea, memory loss, internal pain and permanent scarring on my skin. The Plymouth Housing Group and the City of Seattle knowingly allowed the illegal circumstance to continue causing it to jeopardize my health, while failing to take reasonable steps to avert my injuries. This was the probable consequence of their negligence in fixing the problem.

I am within the Statue of Limitations for commencing a civil lawsuit and I have a well documented case, filled with written witness statement(s) along with preserved evidence, which strongly supports my claim. I am interested in securing a personal injury attorney to represent me in a negligence/premise liability claim against the Plymouth Housing Group and the City of Seattle. Are there any experienced attorneys available who specialize in premise liability interested in taking my case? I am currently accepting bids to secure attorney representation on the website MiNeeds.com. I invite you to bid. Thanks for answering my question, along with your time and considerations. With warm regards, Deirdre D. Parker Seattle, WA

DISCLAIMER- THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. CONSULT QUALIFIED LEGAL COUNSEL IN YOUR CITY OR STATE FOR IMMEDIATE LEGAL ADVICE.

We practice law only in California and each state's laws are different. You should immediately contact a local experienced attorney in your town or state. Here's a general overview regarding personal injury damages…

Generally speaking, a person is injured or suffers damages as a result of the careless and wrongful conduct of another, than the person who is harmed is entitled to be "made whole" by way of monetary damages.

This includes the negligence of another apartment renter or owner. That being said, many governmental immunities may prevent or otherwise bar you from asserting a claim against the government. You may also be required to file a very specific type of notice before commencing litigation against the city.

Were you aware of the illegal activity? Did you report the problems in writing to anyone?

Contact competent local counsel immediately to protect your rights!

The above information is provided for discussion purposes only. Jackson & Wilson, Inc. and its attorneys believe in helping people and answering their questions and providing information and solutions. To encourage and facilitate this practice, it is understood and agreed by the recipient that by opening, reading and viewing this information, no attorney-client relationship has been discussed, agreed to or otherwise established. In legal matters, time is of the essence. As such, you should contact an experienced lawyer right away to protect your legal rights!

Best Regards,

Jon Mitchell "Mitch" Jackson
Jackson & Wilson, Inc.
An "AV" rated firm listed in Martindale-Hubbell's Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
www.JacksonWilson.com

There may be some questions as to whether the potential Defendants actually knew about the problem. The obvious Defendant would be the operators of the methamphetamine lab, especially if they have assets worth going after. If there is indeed evidence that the Plymouth Housing Group had knowledge of the hazard and they owned the premises, you may have a case. It is unclear why you think the City of Seattle might have some share of the blame.
Attorney's in Washington are not generally permitted to claim that they "specialize".
Disclaimer: This answer is provided as a public service and as a general response to a general question, it is not meant, and should not be relied upon as specific legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.

You might benefit by phoning a lawyer in your locale.

There are lots of variables and you need an experienced counsel to advise you.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-choose-a-lawyer-for-you

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-tell-my-lawyer

Good luck to you. There a likely immunities to overcome. Also, a negligence case requires the necessary proofs.

God bless. I am in Chicago and do not practice in your state.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Government law topics