What will they do for a violated order of protection for children from their mother?

Asked about 2 years ago - Manchester, MO

I secured an Order of Protection against my ex-wife for my children back in March. I found out that she violated it by calling them behind my back about 9 times. I reported everything to the police and it has been inestigated and sent to the DCI here in St. Louis. But it has been 3 months since I heard anything! She was living in Texas when she violated the order and has since moved to Missouri. What are the possible outcomes of this? Thank you!

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Hillary Johns

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . DCI will investigate the case and decide whether to proceed with prosecuting your ex-wife or they will see this as a reason why the person should not have custody of your children. I'm sorry that you're going through this. I'm licensed in California although generally when a person willfully violates a protection order that does indicate that they have no regard for the law and that they will do it again.

  2. Mark Alan Mackin

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . If your TRO was for MO then MO law applies. Either read up or consult a lawyer. That's the only way to know the range of possibilities. Lawyers in CA or MT would just be guessing. But, if the reasons you asked for a TRO still exist and she is violating, then there is a good chance it will be renewed. But you may have to ask for that in the court that issued it. Otherwise it may just expire. Don't make assumptions.
    A lawyer can help you sort out any jurisdictional issues that may have been caused by your move.

    DISCLAIMER: The forgoing comment is for general educational purposes only, and is not legal advice upon which the... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,198 answers this week

2,914 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,198 answers this week

2,914 attorneys answering