What will the consequences be for stealing about $1,300 from retail employer?

Harrisburg, PA |

I was caught taking a returned, and defective ipod Touch. Then was audited and was caught stealing money from the drawer. I was trying to help my family out because my stepfather was ill and needed surgery and my mother was the only one working. I thought I was going to lose my scholarship at my 4 yr school and would have needed to come up with $2,777 in under a month. So this was my way of trying to help. I knew it was wrong but I didn't know what else to do. I'm 19 and I have no prior offenses. What are the consequences I'm going to face once I go to court?

1. You will not get unemployment. You may qualify for ARD, which means you will be placed on probation, have to pay restitution and fines, and will have your record expunged if you have no problems during probation. You need a criminal attorney, and it is possible that an employment attorney could work out a deal with your employer so that all is handled civilly.