What will show up on a Law Enforcement background check?

Salem, OR |

I was accused of theft by an employer. I entered into a civil compromise. I was never arrested, indited or charged. I filed to have the record "set aside" (Oregon). The court agreed and the file was sealed. Will this event show up in any law enforcement data base?

Law enforcement was involved and an investigation was conducted. Just to clarify that there was a police report at one time.

If you were never arrested or charged, then this incident will not appear in the circuit court database. A really in-depth background check, of the sort used to admit people to high-security positions, might be able to find it, though.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Recommended articles about Employment