What will it cost me for an uncontested divorce with 1 child. no assests. our income last yr was $13000.

Fort Pierce, FL |

i have to know what it will cost if an attorney helps with this. also, my husband is playing games with me he is having communication with another women and says he loves her. than he wants to go to therorpy. i need out of this mess now. i have lost all respect for him and need to get this over with asap

You're not likely to get a definitive response to that question on this forum as many attorneys offer different rates dependent upon a variety of issues. Your best bet is to look (on this site) for an attorney in your area and start making calls. Many do free consultations so once you talk to a few, you're going to have a lot of your questions answered.

This response is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney to fully discuss your issues.

You might be income qualified at legal aid. Here is a link of all listed, including Fort Pierce. It is not going to happen asap, as you have a child and if your husband does not agree to the Parenting Plan (support/responsibility/timesharing), it's going to take time. Speak with the attorneys.

This communication is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. It is always recommended you consult an attorney in person to discuss your case. Leonore M. Greller, Esq. is a Supreme Court Certified Civil Circuit and Family Mediator and a Qualified Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Mediator and Arbitrator.

You can register with the Florida Department of Revenue to get a child support order. You can also go on line to where you will find the forms that you need to do a divorce yourself. The filing fee at the court house is about $400. you can ask the court for a fee waiver form. But you and your child are likely to have less money after the divorce then you do not, so you might want to try therapy first.

This answer does not constitute legal advise. Hiring an attorney is an important decision and should not be based solely on information accessible from this or any other web site. This answer does NOT establish an attorney client relationship.

Recommended articles about Divorce