What will i face for being convicted of a Class B misdemeanor in Texas, for False Identification?

Asked about 1 year ago - Grand Prairie, TX

I have no previous Criminal History, and am currently in the Enlistment process for Joining the United States Air Force. The only issue is that i have my conviction as a Open case. I have requested to represent my self in court, reason being my cheat lawyer did not assist me in any way.
What am i likely to face if i plead No contest?

1. Lucio Antonio Montes

5

Answered . You are facing up to 6 months in jail and or a $2000 fine. You will face the same whether you plead no contest or guilty. If you are having to ask this question you should think twice about representing yourself. Have you spoken to your recruiter about a conviction on your record? You should consult with another criminal defense attorney. If you can not afford the services of another attorney you should consider asking the court to appoint you one. Good luck.

2. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague who questioned the wisdom of your representing yourself when you have to go to a website such as avvo to ask basic legal questions.

If you were dissatisfied with the lawyer you got, seek the assistance of another.

3. Christopher Anthony Delisio

2

Answered . The idea that a "court-appointed" attorney isn't as good as a privately retained attorney is a myth, especially in Dallas and Tarrant County, where attorneys are required to have trial experience and current continuing legal education in criminal law and immigration consequences. You may have been connected with a lawyer you didn't click with, or a lazy one, and they are out there, but for the most part, locally, court appointed lawyers here are top-notch.

All that said, get help fast on your case, appointed or retained!

4. Samuel Maxwell Gardner

1

Answered . You are facing up to a $2000.00 fine and up to 180 days in jail. A no contest plea in criminal court is considered a guilty plea. It may be in your best interest to hire an attorney if you are having general basic questions like this.