What will happened when my son got killed when he was at stopped with his bike (wasn't riding it) on the sidewalk by a car.

the police said there is nothing they can do and such. what should i do ?

Dayton, OH -

David Allen Herman Jr.

David Allen Herman Jr.

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Cleveland, OH

I'm very sorry about your loss. Your son's case needs to be investigated and it doesn't sound like the police are invested in doing so. I think an attorney may be able to help. My firm handles cases in Dayton and I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Steven Mark Sweat

Steven Mark Sweat

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Beverly Hills, CA

You should contact an attorney immediately. I have several good referrals I could give you in the Dayton, OH area. If you would like to call me or email me.

James Mitchell Hoffmann

James Mitchell Hoffmann

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Brentwood, MO

Call a local wrongful death attorney immediately regarding this pedestrian-auto accident.

Christopher Steven Hoffmann

Christopher Steven Hoffmann

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Saint Louis, MO

I am so sorry to hear this. Call a lawyer to investigate the matter immediately. Time is of the essence in investigating death cases as a result of a pedestrian auto accidents.

Andrew Daniel Myers

Andrew Daniel Myers

Personal Injury Lawyer - North Andover, MA

Contact an experienced personal injury attorney who has handled wrongful death claims. This is shocking and I am extremely sympathetic and sorry to hear of your loss. Have an attorney pursue this for you.

Matthew Charles Price

Matthew Charles Price

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Osage Beach, MO

I am so sorry for your family. Hire a local injury attorney immediately. An in-depth analysis of the insurance coverages and financial assets of the car driver needs to completed. Given your level of damages and the grief you are going through, don't try to go through this alone.

Richard H. Wooster

Richard H. Wooster

Personal Injury Lawyer - Tacoma, WA

Do the police know who hit your son? It seems strange that someone could be killed by a car on a sidewalk and no action is taken. There is more to the story. You should hire an attorney to investigate and see if there is a claim for wrongful death.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

A personal injury lawyer would pursue a claim against the driver. Find a top-rated Avvo lawyer with a low contingency fee for representation.

Michael Lewis Eisner

Michael Lewis Eisner

Personal Injury Lawyer - Cleveland, OH

I am very sorry for your loss. There is a two year statute of limitations for wrongful death in Ohio. The claim should be investigated as soon as possible from when it occured. Often times evidence disappears with the passage of time. You should consult with a well-known personal injury/wrongful death attorney immediately (unless you already retained an attorney). My firm, like many others, will give a free consultation over the phone, and any fee would be contingent in nature (meaning that we only get paid if we are successful on the case).

Lars A. Lundeen

Lars A. Lundeen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Rutland, VT

I am sorry to hear of your loss. you have my condolences. This situation requires review by a personal injury attorney.

Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.