What will happen when i appear to court on a felony bond and i'm currently out on a previously felony bond?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

my previous charge was grand theft in the 3rd degree. and my current charge is Poss of Firearm by Convic Felon.

1. Daniel Marc Berman

5

Answered . The State attorney will ask to have your bond revoked since you picked up a new charge while out on bond. Better hire an attorney ASAP. Call us at 954 764-6099 if you wish to discuss your case further.
    www.southfloridaarrests.com

2. Jennifer Ann Synnamon

Pro

5

Answered . I'm not exactly sure what your question is. Are you asking what will happen if you're out on bond, and then pick up a new felony charge? If that's the case, chances are your first bond will be revoked and you will be held until a new bond is set. If that's not what you meant, please clarify so that you can get a better response.

3. Michael Brainard Hines

3

Answered . The dates of both offenses are important. If they're alleging that you committed a new crime while out on bond, the State may very well move to revoke your bond in the Grand Theft case. Also, the judge will take into consideration the fact that you were already out on bond when you allegedly committed the new offense, and will likely set a higher bond in the firearm case as a result, You should definitely contact an attorney ASAP.

4. William David Umansky

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with both of my colleagues. If the circumstances are as Mr. Berman suggested then I am afraid the State is going to revoke the bond.