What will happen to the case after the court receives the letter?

Asked over 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

A judge recommends that either defendant or both(defendant and the victim) go for counseling under a pastor and send a letter from the pastor to the court in 2 weeks. This is when the victim has dropped the charges. The case is simple assault- domestic violence

1. Mark M Cheser

Pro

5

1

Answered . This is normal procedure. The arrest is still; on the record but the case would be dismissed if all goes as planned.

2. Matthew C Simon

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . Im not sure I understand all of the facts, but I agree with my colleague based on the limited info provided. I would think your arrest record would retain but the case would be dismissed if all conditions were satisfied.

3. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

1

Answered . Case probably dismissed if you meet the court's conditions.

www.estrellalawyer.com