What will happen to the case after the court receives the letter?

Newark, NJ |

A judge recommends that either defendant or both(defendant and the victim) go for counseling under a pastor and send a letter from the pastor to the court in 2 weeks. This is when the victim has dropped the charges. The case is simple assault- domestic violence

Im not sure I understand all of the facts, but I agree with my colleague based on the limited info provided. I would think your arrest record would retain but the case would be dismissed if all conditions were satisfied.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

This is normal procedure. The arrest is still; on the record but the case would be dismissed if all goes as planned.

Case probably dismissed if you meet the court's conditions.

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E.