What will happen to my record?

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

I was caught (along with friends) smoking on the street in NYC and received a violation and a summons. I am 16 and this is my first offense. The police said that this is neither something to worry about with regards to college and that my parents will not know. I am aware that I will have to pay a fine. Is my future ruined? Will they send a letter to my house?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . Is this a pink summons? Your future is not ruined. You and your friends should hire a criminal defense lawyer to try and get the case dismissed. I handle these matters all the time.

2. Michal Falkowski

Answered . Yes, you want to make sure that this case is dismissed, as there are financial aid consequences for drug convictions, even possession of small amounts of marijuana. Consult an attorney immediately.