Skip to main content

What will happen to my green card?

Boston, MA |

Ok so I got married to someone for papers, I am sorry to say I did use her for the green card. I thought I would eventually like her but I didn't. So she divorce me and I got conditional green card. Now I apply to remove condition with waiver based on good-faith marriage. My ex find out I use her and she said she will send letter to immigration that I use her for green card. I was able to gather evidence and kept it with me while we were together (one year). I sent that with my application. We dont have joint taxes but I had joint bills, pictures, lease, bank account. Is that enough? I hope I get my green card I just dont want to be in trouble because my ex say she sent letter..

Attorney Answers 3

  1. No one can ever answer an 'is it enough' question ... only the CIS officer reviewing the file can do that.

    Meet with an attorney to discuss affidavits.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  2. Retain an immigration attorney as soon as possible as your case may enter in a very perilous zone which may be more difficult to correct especially if you are filing unilaterally for a Waiver.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

  3. I agree with my colleagues, you need a lawyer.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Marriage and prenups topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics