Skip to main content

What will happen to my ex Boy Friend who has an I.C.E. hold on him. He is Illegally here from Canada will he be deported?

Colorado Springs, CO |

He is in jail for domestic violence and has NO legal papers to be here in the States. No VISA,no Green Card to work. Nothing. My family is going to try and help him get back to Canada if he is released. We do not understand what happens after the local courts are finished with him. Any answers would help. Thank you

Attorney Answers 3


This is not a general question. You are asking for a consultation. No problem, but not on AVVO. AVVO is a free general legal information blog, not a substitute for legal advice. Hire an immigration attorney for that.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


More facts needed. Do consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney for assistance.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Consult with an immigration attorney immediately. Do not pay the bond in the criminal case until you are prepared to pay a (likely high) cash (cashier's check) bond in the immigration case or to ICE. A good attorney can move ICE to grant a bond based on law, future eligibility for immigration benefits or relief and humanitarian factors.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics