What will happen to my accrued vacation if my company changes the vacation policy after the fact?

Chicago, IL |

I have over 70 vacation hours accrued through March 2010 - April 2011 Now they are changing the policy, istead of accruing vacation they will give us 3 weeks a year but I have not used any of my time accrued. Can they just take that time away from me?

1. Your post got into the wrong area somehow - try again to put it into employment - it ended up in general business law section.

Legal disclaimer: This is not legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The post is only an opinion. You should speak to an attorney for further information. The poster is licensed only in Illinois. Please visit www.bernardjconway.com for more information about our services. If this post is useful to you, please remember to upvote it.