What will happen to me if I pay my court fees late like after the court ordered me to?

Bridgeview, IL |

i was caught stealing at khols i am 21 they called the police i went to court and they said i had to pay 185 for court fees and 4 months probation or something what will happen if i pay the court fees late? I also live in Illinois

1. Then you will be in violation of your sentence and be guilty of another crime, which could cause the court to impose a harsher sentence or impose any sentence that was stayed in the original case. Call the court and see if you can make arrangements to pay the fees.

This answer is not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - it is to be considered only a general response to a hypothetical scenario posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

2. Agreed you could be liable for another criminal issue of contempt. Call the court and see if you can still make the payment on the fee's late and make payment arrangements.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Illinois. Responses are answers to general legal questions and the receiver of such question should consult a local attorney for specific answers to questions.