What will happen to me if I "refused" a rolling retest got temporary lock out for 15 min then I took the test again and passed?

San Antonio, TX |

I have Draeger interlock system with a camera installed in my van. I never had a violation before until yesterday and its stressing me out, I left the van running with the wife and kids while I ran inside a store. The system asked for a retest and my wife panic because I wasn`t back in time and she turned off the van. The device read temporary lock out 15 min. We waited for the time to expire and then I started the van right away. I passed the remainder retest on the way home. I am aware now that refusing a retest is a major violation. I`m just worried that they might think I was drinking or drunk. I reported it to draeger and they said It`s up to P.O for her final decision. I`m really worried because I`ve been on Pretrial for about 2 months and a simple mistake can cause me to violate.

While others may disagree with me, IF you really are telling the whole truth without holding back any facts, then I say contact your probation officer immediately and schedule an appoinment with him or her to get ahead of this problem.

IF you are holding something back, contact an attorney and then proceed from there.

Good luck,
Martin Zimmerman

Martin Zimmerman, P.C. 189 E. San Antonio St. P.O. Box 310704 New Braunfels, Texas 78131-0704 Tel: (830) 606-7886 Fax: (830) 627-2890 The information contained in and transmitted with this e-mail is: 1) Subject to the Attorney-Client Privilege; 2) Attorney Work Product; or 3) Confidential It is intended only for the individual or entity designated above. Any distribution, copying, use of, or reliance upon the information contained in and transmitted with this facsimile by or to anyone other than the recipient designated above by the sender is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Martin Zimmerman, P.C. by telephone

Don't stress, This alone is not to worry about, but be sure to be extra careful in the future.

When I've had this situation in the past, my client has not been violated. If a violation is filed, hire an attorney to make sure you do not get revoked.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.