What will happen since I dropped dirty and on probation at 48th district court

West Bloomfield, MI |

Was charged with disorderly conduct and was sentenced to 30 hrs community service and probation for a year 6 mos non reporting and Jams. Dropped dirty today what will happen from here will I receive jail time? The original charge wAs brandishing a fire arm and it was lowered

You will be brought before the Judge that sentenced you, or who presides over your case, for a violation of probation. You have a right to have a lawyer, and to contest the charge of probation violation at a hearing. At a hearing the prosecutor would have to prove the probation violation by a preponderance of the evidence (which means prove the violation is more likely than not to be true). If you lose at the hearing, or admit to testing positive, it is up to the Judge to decide what your punishment is. The punishment could be nothing, it could be more terms added to your probation, it could be an extension of your probation, you could get WAM dates, you could go to jail, the Judge could do a combination of any of the above. The Judges at the 48th District Court are usually strict. If you can afford to hire an attorney, I would encourage you to do the same. You also have the option to ask for a Court appointed attorney. Do not represent yourself.

I agree. Your agent will probably file a petition alleging that you violated probation. Your agent may discuss what he or she has in mind. Penalty can range from continuing probation with an extension and perhaps some county jail time all the way up to revocation with the maximum sentence provided by the statute.