What will happen in court

Asked about 2 years ago - Battle Creek, MI

Went to jail for dwi driving on suspended license and leaving scene of accident 6 days later went back to jail for driving on suspended license and leaving the scene of accident

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 7

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need a Calhoun County attorney to represent you. If you cannot afford one, ask the court to appoint one. DWI in Michigan is a felony at 3rd offense. Your attorney can advise you. DLS is usually just expensive, but leaving the scene can be a problem, and may depend on severity of the accident, and if people were injured.

    We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I... more
  2. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Atty. Poulson. I'm chiming in because I am a lawyer you cannot hire because I do not practice in Michigan. This is very serious.

    If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.

    Thank you.

    --- Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin

    --- Facebook Page

    --- Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police

    --- Miranda Rights (and Wrongs)


    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum.

    I am an experienced Wisconsin criminal defense lawyer practicing in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the Internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you.

    If something I say disagrees with what your own lawyer is telling you, you should rely on your lawyer who is familiar with you, your entire case, the local courts and practices.

    Most questions are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Few, if any, legal matters should be handled via Internet communication. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services.

    This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only.

    Click on the “more” link below for more important information about the answer and AVVO.

    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for... more
  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Attorney Poulson. Give Attorney Becket Jones a call. He is in Kalamazoo but may be able to help you. Here is a link to his profile page: http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/49007-mi-becket-j... Good Luck!

    The comments listed here do not create an attorney-client relationship. The comments are for informational... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,476 answers this week

3,603 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,476 answers this week

3,603 attorneys answering