What will happen if i move to VA if im on Probation in TN

Clarksville, TN |

i have never been in trouble before i have no place to live here in tn and wanting to move back to va now the district att. office in my home town in VA said that they wouldt file an arrest warrant on a misdemeanor charge but Clarksville TN might its a simple possession charge can you help with some answers please thank you

1. You will have to get the probation office's permission before moving or be in violation of the order.

Claiborne H. Ferguson, Esq. is * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.

2. Discuss this situation with your PO first - he or she may have some favorable options for you. Otherwise you'll be issued an arrest warrant for violation of probation if you leave the jurisdiction.

3. You PO will be your best bet in this situation. Talk to them and let them know what is going on. They can let you know what to do and if the DA will agree.

"Nothing in this communication is meant to establish an attorney-client relationship. The information is provided for educational purposes only. No action will be taken on your behalf unless you have have hired me and entered into a written retainer agreement. I am only licensed in Tennessee and I suggest contacting an attorney in your specific city and state as soon as possible to avoid any statute of limitations deadlines, if applicable."