What will happen if i miss my court hearing for cr189 beacuse i was out of the country

Asked about 3 years ago - Chicago, IL

i m married to a US citizen but i had to leave the country and come visit my grandmother who is on her last breathe . MY hearing was on 18th of august last week and i missed it what should i do now or can i do now to get back to US. Help please

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . It seems to me the best you can do is telephone and explain. That probably should have been done in advance of the hearing but... that ship has sailed already. Make contact and explain to see if a new hearing might be set.

    Good luck.

  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you missed an immigration court hearing, you have been ordered deported. You will need to retain an experienced immigration attorney to fix the issue.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,415 answers this week

3,171 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,415 answers this week

3,171 attorneys answering