What will happen if i miss my court hearing for cr189 beacuse i was out of the country

Asked about 3 years ago - Chicago, IL

i m married to a US citizen but i had to leave the country and come visit my grandmother who is on her last breathe . MY hearing was on 18th of august last week and i missed it what should i do now or can i do now to get back to US. Help please

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . It seems to me the best you can do is telephone and explain. That probably should have been done in advance of the hearing but... that ship has sailed already. Make contact and explain to see if a new hearing might be set.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . If you missed an immigration court hearing, you have been ordered deported. You will need to retain an experienced immigration attorney to fix the issue.